Medical Terminology Course $295 with book
WHAT IS MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY?
Medical terminology is the study of the principles of medical word building to help the student develop the extensive medical vocabulary used in health industry. Students receive a thorough grounding in basic medical terminology through a study of root words, prefixes, and suffixes. The study focuses on correct pronunciation, spelling and use of medical terms. Anatomy, physiology, and pathology of disease are discussed.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF TAKING MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY?
- The purpose of medical terminology is to create a standardized language for medical professionals. This language helps medical staff communicate more efficiently, building trust with your patient, and makes documentation easier.
By studying Medical Terminology, you will develop a fluency in the highly specialized language of health. You will understand the origin and importance of acronyms like HIPAA and gain confidence to perform in a field where the difference between the right and wrong word can make a big impact.
- Define suffixes, prefixes, and word roots common to medical terminology.
- Construct medical terms correctly using the appropriate suffixes, prefixes, and word roots
- Identify suffixes, prefixes, and word roots common to specific organ systems of the human body.
- Identify and list commonly used medical abbreviations.
How to communicate with your client on a high level, professional, and medical setting.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE THE MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY TRAINING AT AW?
Taught by a highly skilled licensed aesthetic and medical professionals.